How do I get a refund for overpayments?

Nevena Stavreva
eCollect support team

Any overpayments made to eCollect by you when settling a debt collection claim will of course be refunded to you. Simply contact us and provide us with your bank details in writing or via email.

How will I be reimbursed by eCollect AG for overpayments?

You have settled an open claim with eCollect AG. In doing so, you have paid more than requested by mistake or you have simply forgotten to close the standing order at your bank in time. Please contact us and let us know to which account the overpayment should be refunded.

What data does eCollect AG need for the repayment?

The refund will only be paid by bank transfer. In order to process a refund for the overpaid amount, we need the following information:

  • Name of account holder
  • IBAN (International Bank Account Number)
  • BIC (Bank Identifier Code)

You must send us this information in written or electronic form (e-mail), quoting the file-id.

If the settlement of the claim or the overpayment has been initiated by two or more different account holders, you must provide us with the payment receipts for each transfer made. In this way, we can exclude a wrong payment allocation in our system.

A chargeback on your own initiative is not permitted and will be rejected by our bank as inadmissible.